Dear students and families,
With Phase 2 of Governor Raimondo's ReOpen RI beginning June 1st, we are excited to announce that we will be re-opening the following week for in-person lessons on Monday, June 8th!
We have been taking every possible measure to prepare accordingly for a June re-opening. After careful consideration we have decided to open on Monday, June 8th to ensure that we are as prepared as possible.
Here is our plan as of today
- Once we reopen, you will continue to have the option to have your lessons online for as long as you would like. It is your choice as to when you resume in-person lessons with us. Zoom lessons will always be an option, and you can decide whether you would like to have a Zoom or in-person lesson on a week-to-week basis.
- If you want a recorded lesson instead of your online or in-person lesson, no problem. We will offer this option going forward anytime you want it. We would just need advance notice for the teacher to prepare.
- Starting June 8th, teachers will be at the school to teach lessons if you choose to come to us or if you prefer to Zoom in. Either way your lesson will occur at your normal day and time.
- We will follow the updated CDC guidelines to keep students, teachers, and staff safe, including:
- We ask that if you or anyone in your family is sick, please resume your ZOOM lessons from home.
- We ask that every student upon arrival wash their hands.
- We have complimentary disposable and reusable face masks. If you would like one, just ask. These are FREE for our students to use during the lesson, but you have to be a current student or family member of a current student to receive one.
- We have plenty of hand sanitizer in each teaching room as well as the common areas.
- The common area and every lesson room are equipped with HEPA/UVC filters to reduce the airborne allergen, bacteria, and viruses.
- The AC Central Air unit in our building has been updated with brand new HEPA filters.
- Our voice rooms will be equipped with transparent curtains to separate the student and teacher. We have reusable PPE face shields for all voice teachers and students. We are supplying these to students at our cost of $6 per face shield.
- We have complimentary disposable gloves if you would like a pair. These are FREE for our students to use.
- We will continue to clean our school multiple times a day.
- Additionally, we have hired a professional cleaning service to deep clean the school weekly.
What to Do When You Arrive
- Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes early. When you arrive please either call or text the office to let us know that you are here, and we will let you know when your teacher is ready for you. Then, we will meet you at the door to escort you inside. Please do not enter the building without calling or texting first. Our text number is 401-889-4466, and our office phone is 401-563-7030.
- When we initially reopen, we will only allow a maximum of 4 people in the waiting area at a time. We think it would be considerate to allocate this space for parents waiting for their children's lesson to finish, as our adult students can easily wait in their car or outside the building. Parents will also have the option to ZOOM into the lesson with their phone and watch every minute from your vehicle.
- Please keep 6 feet of distance from teachers, staff, and other customers. We have measured each room and each one can accommodate six feet of social distance.
We are always here to help if you have any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with your lessons or anything else!
We cannot wait to see you for another awesome week of Zoom lessons, and in-person if you choose by June 8th!
Thank you for being a part of the Providence School of Music!